Westborough Education Foundation Grant Application Information
2021-2022 Academic Year
It’s time to start planning your project for a Westborough Education Foundation Grant!
The application deadline is March 19, 2021. All applicants will be notified of funding decisions in late April.
Eligibility: To be eligible for consideration, an applicant must fit one of the following categories:
- Faculty or administrator of the Westborough Public Schools.
- Student at a Westborough Public School with a faculty advisor.
- Westborough community member with a faculty or administrative sponsor.
Criteria: Proposals will be evaluated to determine those that best meet the following priorities:
- The project is an innovative educational program that has not yet been implemented in the Westborough Public Schools.
- The project supports and enhances the goals of the Westborough Public Schools.
- The project has the potential for long-term impact within the school system.
- Preference will be given to those projects with the potential for broad application to a wide range of students.
- In order to be implemented, the project requires funding that lies beyond the normal school budget.
Funding: The total number of the grants awarded and the amount of each grant varies from year to year, based on the available funds and the quality of the proposals. Past awards have ranged from several hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. However, proposals of all levels of available funding will be considered.
Acceptable expenses include:
- Equipment, supplies and travel expenses that support the above criteria. (Paper goods, snacks, prizes may not be funded.)
- Stipends at the rate of $30/hour for time devoted to the program, provided that time is beyond the teacher’s normal work day.
Equipment and non-consumable items purchased with grant funds are owned by the school system and are added to Department inventory.
Let the WEF help you expand your students’ educational opportunities. Plan your grant application now! If you have any questions about the application process, please feel free to contact Sue Baillargeon, email@example.com or Maureen Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org